OUR FALL SCHEDULE CONTINUES WITH SUNDAY Worship at 10:30 am. Please read (or sign up for) our monthly Newsletter, Friday email, and weekly Bulletins to make sure you do not miss out on any of the fun events and activities.
Advent continues- a time of preparation for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ at Christmas, and also of preparation for the Second Coming of Christ. As we prepare together let us remember the true meaing of the season!
Our Adult Advent Class continues this Sunday at 9 am in the Library, as we discuss the book "Holy Disruption", by Tracey Daub. Junior Church continues every Sunday following the Children's Message in our Worship service; parents will pick up their children up in the Library after Worship concludes. As always, a Nursery is availabe for infants and toddlers up to age 4.
Thanks to your wonderful participation in the Thanksgiving Holiday Basket Program, we were able to help serve a Holiday meal to 50 families in Montgomery County! But we are not yet done- start thinking about the families we will support in the Christmas Season with a meal and gifts. Please contact Rob Garretson if you can help ( or 301-980-4043). The procedure is the same as the November Holiday meal baskets, we will just add gifts too.
Other Points of Interest:
- An Imara International Workshop was held on Saturday, December 3. If interested in learning more about this important mission, or if you maight consider joining a future mission trip in support of Imara, please contact Rob Garretson.
- December 4 is a busy day at DPC!
- We will welcome guests from our Mission Partner, Imara International.
- It is also Dedication Sunday for our 2023 Pledges (please bring your pledge cards to the service in the privacy envelope to be collected as a congregation).
- The Annual Meeting to recieve nominations the Nominating Committee's nominations for Church Officers will be held right after worship.
- And last but not least, the Sunday school Social and Service Project will be held in Fellowship Hall from 4-6 pm. It will be a busy but wonderful day!
- Hats and Gloves.... With Lots of Love! Winter is coming and Georgetown Hill Early School and Darnestown Presbyterian Church are teaming up to collect hats, gloves, coats, and socks for children at Fox Chapel Elementary School in Germantown. Many families are not able to provide warm clothing for their children and as winter ap-proaches, it becomes an issue. Montgomery County Public Schools see this problem all the time, but their resources are not always sufficient. That’s where we can make a difference!
- Advent Potluck Dinner, December 11, 5 pm to 7 pm– Fellowship Hall: Please join the Board of Deacons for the Annual Advent Potluck Dinner; the deacons will provide baked hams and rolls as well as drinks. Please bring a side dish, dessert, or another main dish to share. This year we will have fun activities including crafts for the children, a Christmas photo booth and carol singing. Sign-up sheet is in the Lower Narthex.
- The Brazilian Presbyterian Bible Church is celebrating their 18th anniversay as a congregation with a Luncheon in Fellowship Hall on January 8 at 11:45. Everyone at DPC is invited; please RSVP to the church office at if you plan to attend. This is an exciting time for the Brazilian Presbyterian Bible Church and they can not wait to celebrate with all of us!
Generosity is an integral part of growing in our discipleship of Jesus Christ. Your giving strengthens the ministry of Darnestown Presbyterian and becomes part of God’s mission to a world in need. Click on the button above to make a donation. Click on the button below then log in and choose "Giving" on the left-hand navigator; then click on the "Input Pledges" tab to join members of Darnestown Presbyterian Church and make your 2023 pledge.