To subscribe to our weekly emails that alert you to the latest news and activities at church, click on the link below.
We continue to Worship at 10:30 am each Sunday, with all regularly scheduled activities.
Our class titled: “God, Faith, Doubt, and…Poetry” continues this Sunday at 9 am in the Library. In this class we’re exploring enduring questions about the nature of God, Christian faith, and the doubt that some suffer- and we’re doing so through the lens of some of the world’s great poetry. This Sunday we're exploring these questions through poetry by Shakespeare, Matthew Arnold, Countee Cullen, Milton, and Tennyson. Join us as we explore great literature and the mysteries of faith as well.
Other points of Interest:
- This month is our month to stock the shelves at Germantown Help Food Pantry- and our mission closet is looking a little bare! We need your help! Please bring any and all types of shelf-stable foods to donate; if each of us picks up just a few extra cans, boxes, or bags of food we will make a big difference for are families in need. Sunday, February 5 is the day we take the donations to the pantry, stock the shelves, and pack the bags for delivery the following week., so please have all donations to the church by February 5. If you wish to make a drop off during the week please call Terrie at the church office to arrange a time.
- Mission Trip Informational Meeting. Sunday, February 5 after coffee hour, please join Rob Garretson for a time of discovery and planning if you are interested in participating in a mission trip to Imara International, Kenya this fall. If you are unable to attend the meeting but interested in the trip, please contact Rob for further details.
- Chili Cook-Off. It is Chili Cook-off time- grab your crockpot, favorite recipe and get cooking! 5 pm on February 5 we will gather in Fellowship Hall for this fun annual event. Not a chili chef? That's OK... we will also have a dessert competition! Not a baker? That's OK too... we would love to have you bring a salad, side dish or bread- and your appetite! All Are Welcome- bring your family and friends. Sign up this Sunday in the lower Narthex.
- DPW Events: More info about the following events will be forthcoming:
- February 4 Prayer Breakfast
- March 17-19: DPW Annual Retreat!
Generosity is an integral part of growing in our discipleship of Jesus Christ. Your giving strengthens the ministry of Darnestown Presbyterian and becomes part of God’s mission to a world in need. Click on the button above to make a donation. Click on the button below then log in and choose "Giving" on the left-hand navigator; then click on the "Input Pledges" tab to join members of Darnestown Presbyterian Church and make your 2023 pledge.